This is the start of the Family Financier in the great big realm of blogging.
I am a firm believer that in order to help yourself you must also help others and it is with this mindset that I am attempting to help us all take control of our finances and put ourselves on the right path towards financial peace and freedom. By posting everything that I know or learn about personal finance I will be creating a system to educate others that might not yet be on the same leg of the journey as I am. It will also be a system to keep myself accountable. There is no way I can write thousands of words about money, talk to readers about their obstacles and successes, and constantly search for new or timeless techniques without forcing action on my part.
You see, this blog is not about a person that has everything figured out. Not by a long shot.
- I don’t have zero debt.
- I don’t have much in savings.
- I haven’t started saving for my kids’ college.
- I suspended my 401k contributions several months ago.
- I have had multiple new sources of debt over the past year.
- I have not stuck to my budget in a consistent way.
- I have not been able to invest due to debts.
- My net worth is very, very negative.
The good news is that we can do this together.
Does this sound like someone that has it all figured out? I didn’t think so.
With that being said, however, this is a golden opportunity for me, you, and everyone else to really dive in and grab the financial bull by the horns. We’re going to tackle all of the issues by discussing budgets, debt elimination, general and college savings, retirement, and much, much more! Let’s help each other get things done and become a support network for the masses. Have you had a setback? I’ve had many. Have you had a success? Great! I’ll share mine and let’s hear yours!
There’s no sense in going at things alone. The world is set up to tempt us into financial ruin.
Money is one of those subjects that many people feel is taboo. Don’t talk about it, don’t ask questions about it, just don’t bring it up at all. I hate to say it, but with this attitude we aren’t going to get anywhere. If you aren’t talking about it, you aren’t fixing it. Don’t let the bear hide in the closet; go in there and poke him, wake him up, and fight him fist-to-claw. Otherwise, he will just get bigger and bigger.
So what are the goals of this blog?
- Serve as an outlet and record for my personal journey towards a financially fit family with strong values
- Keep me accountable for my actions and ensure that I am walking the talk
- To help others wherever they may be on their personal journeys
- Become a source of income to help eliminate my family’s debt and provide a firmer foundation for the future
If you find something of value here in my writing I would love to hear about it. If you find yourself asking more questions, ask in the comments and I will try to tackle that topic just for you. For every person that asks a question there are sure to be thousands that wondered the same thing, but were too shy to ask.
Let’s all start something new and make an impact on the future of our families!